Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thoughts from the deck....

I've been sitting on the cabin deck watching a woodpecker hard at work on a tree limb over my head.  The leaves are starting to bud and squirrels are running from tree to tree playing.  I've been up since before dawn contemplating my life... our life together... answering texts from Ashley who is at her first drama competition about 4 hours south of here and absolutely, positively missing my husband to the point that I'm not really having the relaxing do nothing weekend I had planned when I took off with the girls and left him home alone with the little man.  It's amazing after 13 years that I would still rather snuggle with him on Saturday morning that do anything else in the world.  I've been gone less than 24 hours and all I've thought about are all the things I want to say to him; and how much I've missed him.  Can't wait to get back home tomorrow! 

No comments: